Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some highlights...

On the 30th my brother Nacho fractured his nose playing fútbol (soccer). My mom told me about the many injuries of her sons. =P

1st of July I discovered one of the most delicious things in the world hehe Manjar. It is kind of like a carmel or honey. I have eaten it with platanos (bananas) and plain. I love desserts here. They are so simple but yummy. Usually it can be as simple as fruit and manjar or honey. I actually discovered that I like kiwis too. Also a popular dessert is ¨tutti fruity¨which is mainly diced up fruit in orange juice or another fruit juice. I met my friends Lisa´s family. She is the only other student I have met in my program that has younger siblings. Her brother is named matias too. We played cards, a card game called nerviosa. Basically you go around in a circle counting each time you place a card down and if the number placed down happens to match the number said everyone tries not to be the last one to slap the pile. This game has improved my numbers too. Jack=Jota, Queen=Queena. King=Kayser. (sp?). I really like the dish Casuela here. I have had it with carne and pollo now. It is delicious cause it is a soup and warm!

No comments: