Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More updates...Estoy haciendo una vida en Chile.

7/6- It was hard to wake up this morning for breakfast. We were all pretty beat. After breakfast we went on a zipline over a river. It was beautiful. The mountains were so magnificent and breathtaking. After we took a ¨caminata¨ (a hike). This was definitely the most physical activity most of us have had in awhile. =P With all the food and galletas (cookies) we needed it haha. Everyone thought that our guia on the hike was very handsome. haha so while he took a picture of our whole group people were totally cat-calling at him and declaring how attractive they found him. haha. I got back to my house at about 7. My brother Tomás came home this weekend. My Spanish was so awful. haha I had spent the whole weekend with ¨gringos¨=P and speaking for the most part in english. So the dinner conversation was a little over my head. Tomás was really sweet and made me some cds of reggaeton (my new obsession) and other Spanish Music. Tomá´s teased me a lot for not really understanding much Spanish tonight =P haha So we decided to even the playing field. He can laugh at my Spanish and I can tease him when he speaks in English. It was really cool though because I used Tomás´s Laptop and talked to Matias for quite awhile completely in Spanish. At first it was a joke because we were in the same room. =P It was nice though, because we don´t get to talk too much because of the language barrier and he speaks really fast.



7/7 I watched a documentary called ¨La ciudad de fotografos¨ it was about the hard times here in Chile during the 80s. My friends Mette, Jolito and I ate at a Mexican Restaurant called Margarita. We all miss our fresh California Mexican food. I ate some chicken Enchiladas and they weren´t too bad.

No comments: